Ingenico Group is looking for a
Test Automation Engineer (M/F)
As our new Test Automation Engineer, you will be part of one of the squads in the Ingenico R&D NL department in the Hoofddorp office (near Amsterdam). The squad consists of a selection of frontend or backend developers, test automation engineers, architects and one product owner, working on the latest technologies on the market.
The role covers the testing of new or existing systems, for ensuring to our merchants the smooth and reliable connection to the ePayments services, process of transactions and management of their configuration. Your knowledge, your ideas and proactive contribution will be needed to continuously improve our methods of development, QA and delivery.
Together with the squad, you will be responsible for the full development lifecycle and you will be working in an agile environment, using Scrum. You are expected to exercise an agile mind-set, with a focus on continuous improvement and short feedback loops.
Role activities and responsibilities:
- Developing and maintaining automated regression suites.
- Creation and management of test data.
- Execution of automated and manual test suits.
- Implementation of performance and load test at component level and end-to-end.
- Creation of test reports.
- Selection of new testing technologies.
- Provide estimations for test related activities.
- Supporting building and deploying of application, using pipelines.
- Resource coordination - small team of 3-5 other test engineers, on-shore and off-shore.
- Contribute to the steering of the vision on the quality assurance across department.
- Mentorship and contribution to the creation of individual growth path for other team members.
- As we and currently in the middle of a DevOps transformation, the "Automation first" attitude is a must.
- Clear documentation of testing activities, using clean code, screenshots and best practices from the industry.
- Clear and constant communication to team members and stakeholders.
Qualifications, skills, experience:
- Bachelor or Master degree, preferably in Computer Science, IT Engineering or Information Systems.
- At least 4 years of working experience in complex multinational environments, in a similar position, with an excellent track record.
- At least 2 years proven experience of agile testing in Scrum/Kanban, under BDD.
- Practical knowledge and experience of test process improvement methods, setting up various metrics for QA reporting, both manual and automation.
- At least ISTQB certified (or equivalent).
- Practical experience of test tool evaluation and setup for test management purposes, with any of these tools (or similar): Spira, HP ALM/ QC, Parasoft, Zephyr.
- Basic knowledge of Databases (SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle).
- Good knowledge of Unix (RedHat 7).
- Experience with Git, Jira, Confluence.
- Minimum experience in User Acceptance Testing including exploratory testing.
- Previous DevOps experience is considered a plus.
- Experience in the financial industry and/or e-commerce business is an advantage.
- Availability 40 hours per week.
Experience in using at least one tool for:
- Test automation: Selenium Web driver, Solenoid, SoapUI, ReadyAPI, Postman.
- Non-functional testing: JMeter, HP LoadRunner, NeoLoad.
- BDD: Cucumber, JBehave.
- Scripting/ programming languages: JAVA, Python.
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Bamboo.
Interpersonal / soft skills:
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership.
- Good team player and communicator with a flexible, customer-driven attitude.
- A hands-on and proactive approach to work.
- Agile / Lean attitude and mindset.
- Believe in daily improvement, easily adapt to change and have fun while doing it.
- Work well independently and within a team.
- Ambition to grow through experience, curiosity to understand new technologies.
- Ability to coordinated distributed resources.
- Ability to work cross-culturally and across regions.
- English - excellent verbal and written communication skills (working language).
Working in The Netherlands:
Please specify your visa/work permit status for EU, and expected salary.
Netherland offers a great tax advantage for highly skilled migrants moving to the Netherlands for a specific employment role. When the necessary conditions are met, the employer can grant a tax free allowance equivalent to 30% of the gross salary subject to Dutch payroll tax. For details see: https://www.iamsterdam.com/en/living/take-care-of-official-matters/highly-skilled-migrants/thirty-percent-ruling.
Click the ‘Apply’ button.
Tags: Test Automation Engineer, test, testing, ePayment, configuration, software development, agile, Scrum, test data, test suits, software developer, quality assurance, Computer Science, IT Engineering, Information Systems, Kanban, BDD, ISTQB, Spira, HP ALM/ QC, Parasoft, Zephyr, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Unix, RedHat 7, Git, Jira, Confluence, User Acceptance Testing, Selenium Web driver, Solenoid, SoapUI, ReadyAPI, Postman, JMeter, HP LoadRunner, NeoLoad, Cucumber, JBehave, JAVA, Python, Jenkins, Bamboo