Monster Hungary Ltd. is looking for a team leader for its partner located in Budapest. The Team Leader, General Accounting takes ownership for all financial processes for the countries in scope, including deep understanding of relevant US GAAP and statutory accounting policies as well as relevant business models and processes. The role holder is responsible for reviewing/ approving the month-end financial results and submitting data to the Consolidation Team in US.
The Team Leader helps to build and is responsible for executing plans, and providing day to day management of resources, SLA timelines and budgets.
The General Accounting Team Leader maintains and forms relationship with clients within and outside the Company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing/ overseeing the above detailed financial/ accounting related activities including issue/ problem resolution as necessary.
- supporting to set and execute GA strategy.
- Providing a control function to ensure all entries are adequate and are compliant with company policies/ protocols (journal postings, B/S reconciliation approvals, sub ledger/ GL reconciliation approvals etc.).
- Ensuring necessary control activities are carried out to assure quality.
- Ensuring that the General Accounting activities carried out are all compliant with Internal Audit and Business Control (SOX and Operational Controls) guidelines.
- Delivering functional trainings to new hires and assists in delivering ongoing trainings to existing team members.
- Responsible for day-to-day functional supervision of his/her team, staffing, hiring, training, coaching and developing; completing performance appraisals in accordance with the organization’s policies.
- Facilitate team meetings
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree & at least 7 years of full scale general accounting experience is a must.
- ACCA advanced degree preferred.
- Fluent English language knowledge is required, German language knowledge is a plus.
- People management related experience is a must.
- ERP knowledge (SAP, Oracle, or equivalent) is a must.
- Shared Service Centre experience is preferred.
Personality and Competencies
- A high level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness is essential.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Very good time management skills.
- Working well under time pressure and stress.
- Team player approach.
- Pro-active attitude.
What can we offer:
- Young and dynamic teams, and friendly working environment
- Clear processes
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth within the company
- Occasional home office