Dimension & Scope
The Lead Accountant, General Accounting – is responsible for supporting the accounting & payroll team, handling multiple entities, processes and also responsible for higher level accounting duties which require frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques and standards. Prerequisite of this job is a good understanding of AP/ AR/ Billing processes and ability to identify problems in business processes and to develop workable solutions that have cross functional impact. He / She has willingness to seek for simplification of processes, create tools to make completion of tasks on General Accounting department more efficient and standard.
The Lead Accountant, General Accounting – carries out different calculations/ analytics on different subjects and if necessary (or as a result of those) performing and approving accounting entries.
The intention of the job is to coordinate the work of Junior and Senior Accountants, provide technical guidance to them and support the work of Team Leaders.
The Lead Accountant, General Accounting is in frequent contact with internal and external customers, represents organisation on specific projects and reports to the Team Leader, General Accounting.
- Reviews BS reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Responsible for managing/ overseeing the day to day GA activities carried out in SSC including issue/ problem resolution as necessary.
- Delivers functional trainings to new hires, creates training plans for them and assists in delivering ongoing trainings to existing team members.
- Responsible for day-to-day functional supervision of the team, training, providing input for employee evaluation to the Team Leader
- Executing internal control procedures.
- Identifying process improvement opportunities, issues and actively participate in related projects
- Has a deep knowledge and understanding of General accounting related systems and end-to-end General accounting processes, organizational linkages and impacts of transactions
- Creating, reviewing standard SOP’s, process maps for General Accounting processes
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information
- Assisting in month end closings, preparing reports
- Build strong relationship and actively communicate with key internal and external stakeholders
- Occasionally it is your duty to carry out tasks that are non-contiguous with your role and your qualification if it does not conflict with any legislation
- Must have Chartered Accountant Certification or University/ College degree with qualification in Finance/ Accounting or Business Administration
- Must have 3 years + relevant experience (GL field)
- Fluent English (verbal and written) is required; other foreign languages are an advantage
- ERP knowledge (Oracle, SAP) is required
- High level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- High level of accuracy and attention to details
- Manage through others
- Excellent communication, delegation skills
- Excellent team player
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
- Proactive attitude
- Young and dynamic teams, and friendly working environment
- Clear processes
- Opportunities for professional development and career growth within the company
- Occasional home office