Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is a worldwide leader in the design, manufacturing, and sales of industrial valves. We are currently looking for a Junior Application Engineer to work in our Debrecen (Hungary) Shared Services Center, supporting our Commercial Operations team in EMEA region.
The successful candidate will be required to provide application engineering support and quotation generation to support our selling activities across the EMEA region.
- Assist the Commercial Operations teams to respond to requests for quotation by evaluating customers’ valve requirements and provide quotation responses by sizing, specifying and pricing valves in accordance with customers’ specifications. Main valve and actuator brands the successful candidate will be working on, are the followings: Valtek, Kämmer, Valbart, Argus, Limitorque, Durco, Atomac and Worcester.
- Assist in the preparation of technically sound and cost effective quotations in order to contribute to obtaining related sales and bookings growth.
- Prepare detailed, complete and correct purchase orders for proper entry into our respective manufacturing operations.
- Maintain product, customer and quotation database.
- Must be ready, willing and able to join Senior colleague to join meetings with customers.
- Develop a keen understanding of the Flowserve valve product lines and their respective operations to enhance application engineering, quotation generation, project management and sales support efforts.
- Develop collaborative relationships with respective Flowserve sales and operations’ organizations to more effectively coordinate booking’s growth and resolve issues for the duties of assigned role.
- Comply with Corporate goals, objectives and policies.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from university in mechanical, chemical, electrical or industrial engineering.
- 0 – 2 years of work experience with respect to the overall valve market or related industry.
- Ability and agility to learn fast, especially to correctly size and select valve solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. German or French as a third language is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Detailed oriented and able to work in a quick paced environment.
- Willingness to continually learn and expand understanding of valve products to more effectively size, select, apply and sell technical and engineered valve solutions.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 25 %